Saturday, December 2, 2017

Difficult People are the Ones We Learn the Most From

I love the old-fashioned ideas of virtues such as kindness, generosity a LOT. I am determined to develop my patience muscle so it gets stronger all the time. Here is a big one for me; to learn to have patience with difficult people. (And realize I may be one, myself and not know it!)  This is not only a good deed for the person you are exhibiting patience towards, but it is also a good deed for yourself! Imagine that, a good deed for yourself! For example, when someone is purposely trying to push your buttons by doing something or saying something rude, you can choose to act with patience and understanding instead of anger. This will benefit you by keeping your blood pressure low and your stress levels low as well – which we know are two health issues that many people are suffering from today. My wise woman friend BJ Gallagher says, “Difficult people are the ones we learn the most from.”

No comments: