Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Spring Clean Your Neighborhood


Be A Good In Your Hood

Pick up and recycle or compost loose garbage as you walk. Sidewalks are meant for safe walking, not weaving through someone else’s abandoned bottles and crumpled up take-out bags. Take pride in the area you live and help contribute to keeping it clean and safe. One person helping can inspire many others to do the same. I vowed to do this fifteen years ago when living in the Lower Haight in San Francisco and I usually had a big big bag at the end of each week to take to the HANC Recycling Center.  It have gotten some puzzled glances and even laughter in the last couple of year when I am dressed up for a meeting walking down the street and then pick up garbage, empty bottles and what-have-you. I will occasionally say hi and simply say, “This is my service to the earth; recycling is my religion. ”

And it is. I have the planet’s back!

No comments: