Sunday, March 25, 2018

Could You Be Kinder? I know I Can


Use Your Common Cents

Lend a helping hand. Next time the person in front of you at the cash register is short a few cents, give them the amount they need. I actually don’t have that many regrets in my life but last year, I was going to a solstice party in Hunters Point district down the street from the San Francisco Giants stadium and I forgot to bring the sparkling lemonade I promised the hostess.  I did not know the neighborhood and could only find a strange new kind (to me) Walgreens that also had groceries and even produce. There was only one cash register and a long line and there I was, “Miss Random Acts of Kindness,” and I was tapping my foot and feeling very impatient. Right that moment,  I knew I was a teachable moment and I will be mindful of not making that mistake again. I can be kinder, starting today.

No comments: