Sunday, November 26, 2017

Fighting Illiteracy One Book at a Time

I am hoping that Santa remembers from last year that I requested a “Little Free Library” kit and it did not arrive under my tree. I keep seeing these charming itty bitty libraries in my neighborhood where you can take a book or give one in return. Some are plain servicalbe boxes somewhat like a birdhouse for books and some are very ornate, not unlike something you might find in the upscale sections of The Shire. www.LittleFreeLibrary,org, has a mission:


It’s a “take a book, return a book” gathering place where neighbors share their favorite literature and stories. In its most basic form, a Little Free Library is a box full of books where anyone may stop by and pick up a book (or two) and bring back another book to share. You can, too!

No comments: